Free on prescription from your GP
Mapmydiabetes is an online programme of information, guidance and self-help tools to support people in the management of their type 2 diabetes.
Who is it suitable for?
Mapmydiabetes is suitable for people with type 2 diabetes who want support managing their condition.
How do I access it?
Check with your GP or practice nurse to see if your practice provides mapmydiabetes.
If not, you can contact mapmydiabetes and tell them where in the UK you live. They'll then work with the NHS in your area to try to make it available to you.
How does it work?
Mapmydiabetes allows you to:
- complete a structured education course endorsed by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
- get in-depth diet and exercise coaching
- find recipes to help you eat well with diabetes
- set goals and targets
- track your progress
- share highly secure information with your GP practice to keep you updated with your diabetes results, appointments and medicines online
- keep up-to-date with other services available in your area
Use of the tools / apps presented in this library are not intended to be a substitute for a consultation with a healthcare professional. It is up to you to contact a healthcare professional if you are concerned about your health. See our full disclaimer here.